Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions we get about our RecordME project
How much does RecordME cost?
- If you are located in Northwest Connecticut, RecordME is FREE! If you are located outside of Northwest Connecticut please get in touch with us via the contact form so we can provide you a quote. This quote covers the shipping and insurance of our box to and from your location.
How do I make money from my music?
- RecordME gives back to you a portion of the digital download sales of your music. How much you get back depends on the length of your recording.
- If your recording is less than 1 hour, we sell the recording for $8 and we give you back $2. If your recording is between 60 and 119 minutes, we sell the recording for $10 and we give you back $3. If your recording is 120 minutes or more, we sell the recording for $12 and we give you back $4.
- In order to get money back, you must be able to sell a minimum number of recordings (typically 25) but get in touch with us if you don't think you'll be able to sell that many and we'll see what we can do!
Who owns my music?
- You do! All we ask is that you encourage your friends and family to purchase your music through our site for the first 30 days. After that, you keep the recording and (if you recorded someone else's music) continue to report your sales.
Can I record music that I didn't write?
- Yes! You will be required to pay royalties to the party that owns the music you've performed but don't worry, we'll help you through the process.
Can you guys make physical CD's for people that want them?
- Short answer, yes. Long answer...it depends. There are costs associated with creating your artwork, printing on the CD, physical media costs, etc. We would be glad to give you an estimate of what that would cost but if you anticipate sales of less than 100 CD's, it may not be cost effective.